Sunday, January 20, 2008

well it felt like an affair

Today I went to another church service. A new church that meets in a movie theater. It is just getting started. A young energetic fellow is at the helm. He has a sense of humor and doesn't take himself too seriously. Its full of energy and hope and dreams.
Mine, as you know, has gotten stuck on itself and is more about building campaigns than building the kingdom. I have become a thorn in their side. I can see their demise as clearly as the moon out tonight.
But my passion is teaching. I have a great group there and we hang together. It is alive, passionate, dare say threatening to the pastorate. But we all know, and agree, that if it wasn't for this groups dynamics, most would leave and go elsewhere.
Today, I didn't have to teach. Someone else is teaching this week and next.
I snuck over with my family to this new church. It was good. I enjoyed myself. My family liked it. I felt like I was having an affair on my old church, or at least my little group. I'm supposed to "belong" somewhere else, but my heart isn't in it. I wnat to give it away to another. I know. Cheater.

2 comments:

KJ said...

hmmm...this sounds exactly like a page out of my journal about 6-7 years ago. I'm glad to be in a place now where my heart is really, really happy.

Speaking of that wonderful place...today is guilt-free Sunday for me. I staying in my pajamas for a long time and then eat waffles. After that...absolutely nothing.

nonprofitprophet said...

enjoy your guilt free day!!! I have a todo list that is driving me insane. I need a mental-wellness day. l8r -~npp